Microsoft Word’s Styles
There are five simple rules to follow to achieve very good Kindle formatting from Microsoft Word:
- Don’t use the tab key for anything.
- Don’t use two or more consecutive spaces (not even after a period).
- Don’t press the Enter key three or more times in a row.
- Use Word’s styles for any and all formatting that can be done through the styles (including indents—yes, it is possible).
- Avoid special characters and formatting that may not be supported on all devices.
The first three rules are really easy to follow. If you didn’t, you can use Word’s search and replace feature to easily remove tabs, extra spaces, or extra Enters. (Tab removal: Make a tab, cut it and paste it into the find field and leave the replace field blank. Double-space removal: Type two spaces and replace with one space, then repeat this find until no matches are…
View original post 1,042 more words